Skip to Main Content
Mobile Menu

Paying Your Fees and Related Charges

  • You can pay your Boise State fees and charges in person, by mail, or online.

    In person, or by Mail

    • You may pay your bill using cash or check in the Payment & Disbursement Center office in the Administration Building, Room 101.
    • Mail payments to 1910 University Dr., A 101, Boise, ID 83725-1246.


    529 Account Payments

    Please start by contacting your 529 account institution directly. Most plans can send payments directly to Boise State University at your request via check. Please include the student’s name and ID number in the memo line of the payment.

    Refund or Balance Due? Estimate your Bottom Line.

    On my.BoiseState

    Select “Student Center” on your homepage. Navigate to the Finance Section in Student Center and select “Make a payment”. Follow the given directions.

    International Student Payments (Including Wire Transfers)

    Boise State uses Flywire to allow our international students a safe and easy way to make payments to the University, typically in your home currency. Flywire allows you to pay from any country and any bank, while allowing you to select from multiple convenient payment methods (both online and offline options available).

    By making your payment with Flywire you can

    • Track your payments from start to finish
    • Save on bank fees and exchange rates
    • Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night

    To get started, click or go to: to begin the payment process.

  • Fee Payment Plan

    If you enroll for at least two billable credit hours, you have the option of paying your fees in three equal installments. To enroll in the fee payment plan, you must complete an application on my.BoiseState through Student Center Finance. A $30 nonrefundable application fee will be charged to use the plan. At the time the application is submitted, your fees will be split into three equal installments.

    The installments will be due:

    • on or before August 25, September 25 and October 25 for the fall semester
    • on or before January 25, February 25 and March 25 for the spring semester
    • on or before May 25, June 25 and July 25 for the summer semester.

    Your completed online application must be submitted before 12:00AM on fee payment deadline to avoid the $50 deadline penalty. In the event that you withdraw from school or are administratively withdrawn after the refund period, any balance owing on the installment plan will be immediately due and payable. Financial assistance that arrives prior to the repayment of the note will be used to repay the balance owing on the payment plan. This will take precedence over other methods of payment.

    For more information concerning the fee payment plan, visit the Account Maintenance Center, Admin Bldg, Room 101, or call (208) 426-2134.

  • Deadline Penalty

    A $50 Fee Deadline Penalty will be assessed on outstanding Student Fee Balances on the day following the fee payment deadline for each semester.

    Monthly Late Fees

    A monthly late fee at the rate of 21% per annum (1.75% per month or $10 whichever is greater) will be assessed at the beginning of the month on any outstanding balance on the student account.

    Collection Fees

    If your tuition, fees or other charges remain unpaid, you may be sent to an outside collection agency and will be responsible for any additional collection fees.

  • The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires that Boise State University report information about cash payments from individuals in excess of the $10,000 per academic term. Cash payments include one or more payments made in currency and coin. Cash payments also include one or more payments made with traveler’s checks, money orders, bank drafts or cashier’s checks where the face amount of the individual item(s) is less than $10,000 but the total cash payments per semester exceeds $10,000.

    Cash payments do not include personal checks, credit card payments, wire transfers (international students – ask your cashier about the Flywire payment option) or ACH payments.

    Individuals who make reportable cash payments will be required to complete an information document with your name, address, birth date, occupation and tax identification number (i.e. social security number or ITIN). I International students who do not have a U.S. tax identification number will need to provide an official state or country issued ID such as a driver’s license, passport or official ID card at the time the reportable payment is made. You may be subject to a $50 penalty by the Internal Revenue Service for failure to provide the information.