P-Card Sign off Due Date for Departments
P-card transactions for the previous cycle period are downloaded from Works and uploaded to OFC financial reports on the 6th business day of the month regardless of sign off status. To ensure expense is ready for upload, departments must ensure previous cycle p-card expense has been allocated correctly in Works.
Review, allocate, and sign off as transactions post to Works during the current billing cycle. *Works generates email notifications alerting cardholder and reconcilers of transactions posting to Works as a reminder to sign off.
- Finalize sign off of all previous cycle transactions within the first few days of the new month (or by the date provided by your department).
- Provide your signed Works Cardholder Statement, receipts and supporting documentation to your department per your area’s established procedure.
Works Cardholder Statement
The Works Cardholder Statement is scheduled to run for cardholders on the 3rd of the month to ensure all previous cycle expense is included.
- Cardholders receive an email from Works with subject line Report ready for download on the 3rd of each month. Click the link to print your report.
- Cardholders can print the Works Cardholder Statement on demand on or after the 1st business day of the month. Works Cardholder Sign Off-QRG (Quick Reference Guide PDF) provides Works sign off steps and on-demand statement printing direction.
Complete transaction review and sign off of all previous cycle transactions by the 5th business day of the month to ensure expense is correctly allocated and ready for upload to OFC for university reports.
- P-Card expense is swept from Works and uploaded to OFC on the 6th business day of the month regardless of sign off status.
- Allocation changes after the 5th must be handled via Correcting Entry Request *See Video Instructions
Pro Tip for Approvers
The Works P-Card Sign off Status Report is scheduled to run for approvers on the 3rd of each month. The report provides a spreadsheet view of all previous cycle transactions and sign off status. It also provides full accounting string and business purpose for each transaction.
- Review the report in the beginning of the month to ensure all transactions have been signed off by cardholders.
- Run the report on demand after Works approval is complete to ensure all transaction have been fully allocated and signed off by approver.
Use this guide to Run a Scheduled Works Report on Demand (pdf)